Richmond Information Centre, Useful links
- Accessible Richmond: free, downloadable FAQsheet, with useful information for visitors with mobility problems
- Addiction resources: drugs, alcohol
- Angling: Richmond & District Angling Society will help you find somewhere to fish.
- Backpacker accommodation (bring own light tent) in Brompton-on-Swale and Colburn
- Books and Boots (walking and literature festival)
- Bowes Museum: magnificently over-the-top museum in nearby Barnard Castle
- Bunk barns on the Coast-to-Coast Walk: Low Row | Grinton | Brompton-on-Swale | Osmotherley
- Camping, caravanning, pods, bunks, etc.
- Car parking in Richmond: handy link to a map of car parks, and details of rates and free disc parking. Free leaflet also available.
- Children - how to keep them entertained?
- Cinemas: Empire, Catterick Garrison | Station Cinema, Richmond
- Circular drives near Richmond: free, downloadable FAQsheet.
- Citizens' Advice Bureau
- Coast-to-Coast Walk.
- Councils: Richmond Town | Richmondshire District | Hambleton District | North Yorkshire County
- Cycling: Catterick Garrison Bike Library | Dales Bike Centre
- Electric car charging:
- Herriot Trail: downloadable leaflet of locations from 'All Creatures Great and Small'
- Horse riding: Tunstall | Catterick Garrison | Holly Hill
- Hotels and inns
- Hudswell Woods: the National Trust's own guide to these lovely woods is now out of print - but you can find it here.
- Kiplin Hall, a fine Jacobean house near Richmond (HHA)
- Public Footpaths map, North Yorkshire: can be zoomed, scrolled, and tweaked to show bridleways, Sustrans and other cycle routes..
- Rainy day activities ☔️
- Restaurants, cafes, pubs, food shops, takeaways... Also see Vegan, Vegetarian link below.
- Richmond Castle (English Heritage)
- Richmondshire Museum
- Samaritans; follow link or call Freephone 116123
- The Station
- Street-maps: Richmond central | Richmond Gallowfields Estate | Catterick Garrison | Leyburn | Bedale; all can be scrolled.
- Swale Way
- Swaledale Festival
- Swaledale Museum
- Swimming: Catterick Garrison | Richmond
- Town Trail Audio Guide (produced by Original Richmond Business and Tourism Association)
- Trains (nearest stations are Darlington and Northallerton)
- Vegan, Vegetarian cafes, restaurants, suppliers...
- Walking groups: Richmondshire Ramblers | Swaledale Outdoor Club
- Walking guides and maps - or visit RIC in Richmond Market Hall for a good selection.
- Wensleydale Creamery
- Wensleydale Railway
- Wheelchair users: see Accessible Richmond above.